About Twelve Twelve
Jonathan currently runs Twelve Twelve (formerly Likely Story) and is a founding member of NZAMP (New Zealand Association of Music Producers).
With over 20 years experience in the industry and a strong background in music, he understands both the technical as well as artistic merits of a recording. He has produced and mixed artists from a wide variety of musical genres in USA, Canada, and New Zealand.
After graduating with top marks at the internationally recognized School of Audio Engineering, Jonathan went straight into employment working on mainstream charting material with a renowned producer. Since then he has worked on multiple records which have had top ten chart placements, gold and platinum sales, #1 charting album, multiple songs which have achieved number one for national main-stream radio play, and mixed the first New Zealand song to enter the top 40 singles charts on digital downloads alone!
As a writer his songs have enjoyed platinum sales success and resulted in successful major label artist signings. Jonathan’s production work has spent weeks on the top 40 charts, generated gold and platinum selling singles, and #1 album sales. His album work has been nominated for NZ Music Awards (album of the year, single of the year, best pop album, best male solo artist (winner), breakthrough artist of the year, and the people’s choice award). Jonathan also produced and mixed the APRA Silver Scroll Awards 2010 Most Performed Work in New Zealand (most played on radio and television in New Zealand).
As well as music, Jonathan is well versed in the post production field and has done post production audio on top selling DVD’s, television programs, advertisements, and feature length films.
A veteran of software beta testing, Jonathan tests and provides input for some of the industry’s top pro-audio developers including Steinberg, Avid, Yamaha, Waves, Sonnox, Plug-in Alliance, Slate Digital, Euphonix, iZotope, Antares, Lexicon, Soundtoys, Sly-Fi, Rupert Neve Designs, Kush Audio, Metric Halo, Sonalksis, Eiosis, FXPansion, Virtual Katy, URS, Serato, and others.
- Produced and mixed platinum and gold selling albums and singles
- Produced and mixed #1 chart topping pop album
- Produced and mixed the APRA Silver Scroll Award winner for Most Performed Work on Radio and TV
- Written platinum selling songs
- Consistent track record with successful NZ on Air recording grant applicants
- Beta tester for many of the recording industry’s top software and hardware developers
- Consulted with Sonnox over the design and functionality of the revolutionary Sonnox SuprEsser plug-in (credited)
- Broad client base in multiple genres of music